Monday, March 28, 2011

Who I Am.





Hello everyone! My name is Kenneth Anthony Marshall, or you can just call me Ken. I am a freshman here at UNCSA and I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area is very different from Winston Salem. But I feel like as I get older I will learn to respect this calm place. I am one of 3 kids in my household, me being the oldest. Next is my 16 year old sister Shirley (in the red t-shirt) who is  a 10th grader at Green Hope High School in Cary, NC. She has just gotten her permit so she is driving my parents crazy! My youngest sibling is Alicia and she goes by Allie.  She just changed her name from Makeya to Alicia so sometimes I still call her “Makeeter”.  Allie is 13 years old and is a new edition to the family. My parents (who I will tell you about soon) have given their hearts to adoption.  I, Shirley, and Allie have all been blessed to have been adopted by these two wonderful people.


The two lovely faces you see above are my parents, Kenneth Marshall Sr, and Cynthia G. Marshall. I have had the honor of knowing them since the age of 2 (the age they adopted me). Even though they aren't my biological parents, throughout my childhood and life I feel like they gave birth to me. My dad is a stay at home father who makes sure we have everything we need to live our day to day life and he keeps us in line.  My Dad gets my siblings to the places they need to be and he does so many other things that I can’t even begin to explain. My mom on the other hand has other people to keep in line, as she is the President of AT&T North Carolina. It’s been a long and hard journey for her to get to this position but she said she would be the president of something when she was a little girl and here she is. My mom heads up many other committees, board of trustees and board of directors.  She is a very very busy woman at work, at home and in the community. 
So this is a little bit about my life and family.  You will hear more about me and my family in future post.

 Some of the things I think we have to watch out for as young adults in this century is “texting and driving”.  Being that my mom works for a telecommunications company I have been really involved with the whole “No Texting and Driving” campaign.  I have even gone the extra distance to sign up one of my music bands (romeisdead.com) to be the spokesmen for the AT&T campaign. To help us be the spokesmen for this campaign we used a lot of viral videos and promoted through our web site and a lot of F2F meetings with our fans. The new digital media has been a big part of my life.  As part of my involvement in a few bands,  I have used digital tools to promote ourselves individually and our bands.  We’ve also used digital media to find info about events and shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment